Screen time is unavoidable these days with e-learning. Practice good screen-time hygiene with the following tips:
- -Appropriate Spacing -Keep screens 18-24 inches away and at eye level
- Appropriate Lighting - Good backlighting: open windows or overhead room lighting that is not too bright to avoid glare and eye-strain
- What about "blue light"? No proven harm from blue light, although blue-filter lenses may feel more comfortable for your child
- 20-20-20 Rule - Every 20 minutes, look away from the screen at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds
- No screen time before bed - Screen time right before bed affects your child's quality of sleep
- Playtime - Remember to get outside and play!!